Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hi Dick

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 23, 2002 12:46:06 UTC

Thanks for replying

You wrote -
"I have come to learn that most educated people are actually considerably more stupid than I"

I do agree with you that educated people don't put their intellect to use on a daily basis. Most people are just not that dedicated when it comes to their talents.

You wrote -
"I think I am in good company thinking that the opinions of most people posting on this forum are a waste of time. Look at this forum once."

I disagree with you on this. I think some people have opinions that are not well thought out. I don't think that makes them unworthy of our attention. Why not point out the error in their thinking? What ever happened to using your talents to inform people of their illogical statements. Any person that takes the time to put forth an opinion should be given considerate treatment (unless their opinions are full of insults).

You wrote -
" . I managed to prove that most of physics was tautological. "

Do you mean that it is all repetitive mumbo jumbo?

You wrote -
" What I have proved is that any collection of internally consistent concepts must contain a subset which can be interpreted as the fundamental concepts of physics (that tautology I spoke of). Thus it is that we do have a foundation about which it is possible to agree! And, surprise, surprise, it is not far at all from what the scientists tell us is "true". "

I thought the nature of science was so that nothing could be proven, only disproven.

OK OK - Point taken

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins