Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Clifford

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 15, 2002 15:16:54 UTC

You should know something about Mike, he is a little condescending at times. I hope you don't get offended by dry wit or subtle jabs. Be prepared.

You wrote -
"I like to refer to myself as a "bible stroker". I love to read and caress my bible like it is my son. A living entity."

Uh... Bible stroker? What does that mean? I once saw a Burt Reynolds flick called Stoker Ace, any correlation? Do you physically stroke the book or just the pages within? And I really don't think you should characterize the bible as a living enitity, because unlike our constitution the bible has not changed in 2000 years (unless you count the ways the Church of England butchered it oh those many years ago)

You wrote -
"I don't buy in to that Koran business. I mean to each their own and all, but it isn't for me. I believe in good ole revelations. You know the end is probably within a few years"

You are right about one thing - organized religion is nothing more than a business. A business selling mind control. I hate to be the one who has to tell you this, but your religion (christianity) is no different than islam. They are both founded on good morals, yes, but both are interested in the business of recruitment, obeying man made laws, giving supernatural consequences, and suppressing advancements of humankind. Religion as one man put it is the opiate of the masses , maybe Mike can fill you in on what that means.

You wrote -
"It was called Left Behind by a great pair of guys named Tim Layhe and Jerry Jenkins"

Sorry, but those books are drivel. My mother told me to read them as well and I found them humerous at best. The story line was bad, it had no character development, and they have it so strung out that it is obvious they are milking the proverbial cow, so to speak. If these guys were concerned about the end of times why would they charge money for their books? It will do them no good where they are going.

You wrote -
"See ya around like a doughnut"

Enough said

Friends forever - Scotty

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins