Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Case In Point

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on April 12, 2002 17:40:14 UTC

Aurino,

Do you not feel that you can try harder at communication? You say that I condenscend to you, but frankly I think it is the other way around. When you say "I have reasons that your poor fundamentalist brain would never understand", then you are not only condenscending, but you are playing the childhood game again.

I guess there's no point in our discussing issues if you always elect to end discussions in this manner. I think you have something in your head that you can quantify and which contradicts much of current thought and you are in the unique position to not only question it but be right in your questioning.

Man, you and Dick have found each other. You rely on the same reasoning methods and conclude arguments in an identical manner. I could imagine that both of you being right about these issues (but not right as if you are both spouting the same position since that's obviously not the case), but you can't cite a single paper in either philosophy or physics that supports your view except the one that you are espousing. My views are all in philosophical journals, physics publications, etc. That doesn't make them right, but at least I'm introducing concepts and problems that are agreed to by many top minds to be valid issues of concern.

I guess my argument will have no effect. Somewhere in your past you became accustomed to bucking the intellectual establishment, so these issues are to be ignored. What can I say. I've been dupped again (or, should I say, nananana?).

Have fun, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins