Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It's As Personal As You Want To Make It

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 1, 2002 13:55:19 UTC

you were telling me great minds discuss ideas, while others steal the last cup of pudding...right

Sort of. I was trying to tell you that you seemed intelligent enough to contribute to this forum in way that would be more meaningful for you and for everyone else. But of course the choice of what to post is entirely yours.

Now, Aurino, please tell me, since you have weighed in, how should I treat someone who frequently makes statements to me like that?

If you really want an opinion, I think you and Harv are very close in the thinking department, but when it comes to being civilized Harv leaves you in the dust. I don't know what you have told him that upset him so much, but I can tell you for sure that I have never seen Harv treat anyone the way he treats you. I suppose you must have done something to deserve it.

And is it not true that Harv has shown himlself to be the "lazy reasoner", by disdaining again yesterday
the importance of precise definitions, even after we have discussed it at length, and said everything you just said in several different ways?

Oh, don't even get me started on how much I think Harv's philosophy is hopelessly flawed, but I still think we should discuss Harv's philosophy rather than Harv's personality. He's not perfect and he can be pretty snobbish sometimes, but if there's anyone who can cast the first stone here that person is not you. Nor me.

I have no more to say to you on this subject.

Ciao,

Aurino

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins