Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The God Detector Is A Work Of Art...the Art Of B.S. (better Sci)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Residential on March 28, 2002 17:27:46 UTC

yes, I never thought of testing the question of God 'til I was maybe 12...how could God let someone nice be killed on a cross? How could God let the Planet of the Apes movie end that way?

It comes back to this: no other religion deals with the fact that bad things happen to good people and that there is a need for either side of a question to have a possible claim righteousness and a chance to have their claim considered fairly on in a controversy...
Most civilizations of the world have been fascist monoliths with struggles for power and luxury at the top being the main change. When the emporer was good, progress was made. But the example of Christ proved that the misunderstood might even have a transcendent point that's better than that of current authority...even the gay lobby is sometimes more righteous than the anti-gay lobby, though I do not think it is possible to say that about the purveyors and places of anonymous sex.
That is an extreme case...

btw Great minds must take people into account in ideas of anything but remote applications of science.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins