Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More What

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 15, 2002 15:11:10 UTC

I also agree. In addition, I see ample room in the physical universe for what might be called supernatural worlds. String theory even has two time coordinates in its 26-d form.

But mainly I would like to discuss the present conflict of organized religions with someone like you whoose opinion I respect. I can understand your unhappiness with organized religion as it seems to be responsible for most of the global ills right now. (I practice my own unique religion)

As you may realize, I look into physics for evidence for the supernatural, as well as evidence for god. I find evidence for the supernatural, but I find no evidence for god in science.

I see some evidence of a controlling power from the coincidences in my life.

But the point I want to discuss is that the present conflicts that stem almost entirely from religion, may be evidence of a god. If god is as controlling of human life as many seem to believe, them these conflicts may be interpreted as a god conspiracy to control human affairs via religion.

If there is a god that is responsible for the creation of so many religions, then I would expect that the conflicts have a higher purpose- like avoiding nuclear suicide. The alternative would be that there really is not a god, at least a controlling god, and all these religions and conflicts are just a natural outcome of human evolution and competition.

But my personal, rather subjective experience, with revelation, that I was asked by a supernatural being to oppose space warfare; whereas another group whose literature I was following was being asked to do just the opposite- and that the being that was channeled to me confirmed that he or his buddies were responsible for both channels- suggests to me that god or the godhead tends to accomplish things via conflict and conflict resolution.

This has led me to postulate that god is a weak god, or perhaps a self-limited god, that has to resort to such means to rescue the world. I frankly find it more likely that what we interpret as god is really alien beings who have gone through the nuclear crisis on other planets.

Bottomline is that I see no evidence for an all-powerful god. More likely all-knowing beings who are trying to guide us.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins