Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Where Did I Subtract Jumps?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on March 5, 2002 09:01:06 UTC

On re-reading I see that the jumps do refer to the existence of a ratio thus of proportionality.

But I guess their characteristic is "orthogonal"; they are always orthogonal. The "length" and "reference length" can each be in any direction even in different universes; only the ratio is what counts. (And only the ratios count in Schrodinger's equation too). When I said "back and forth across the first jump" I mean not "subtraction" but "across dimensions". It could be back and forth between universes; it's just "back and forth" not linear.

But "back and forth across the first jump" is the exception (self-reference); otherwise there is an implied third jump. So my dimensional and perspective analysis gave the result that the "fine structure constant" is: an option between self-reference
and 3-dimensions. This tallies with my concept that "thinking (including physics) involves either "contemplating Existence directly (self-reference); or comparing (C) and matching at least two patterns (A, B), thus 3 dimensions A, B, C so the fine structure constant is the same as the large structure constant: the thinking physicist!

-dolphin

THe mathematics of complex numbers etc. thus is accounted for bt tracking the jumps while doing dimensional analysis thus getting a perspective analysis. Hopefully anyway!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins