Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
About "double-booking" And Definitions And Going Over My Limit

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on February 14, 2002 04:34:06 UTC

Hi, Dr. D. and Friends,

I'm glad you read as much as you did.

Regarding definitions, I quoted or paraphrased
Einstein and Lavoisier on
"defining terms" but could also have quoted
Karl Pearson, who is said to have anticipated
the Theory of Relativity by about a decade...
however, his opinion on eugenics was primitive public advocacy. I think his appointment to be eugenics chair was a disaster for his reputation
and since his specialty wasn't biology, it may even have been calculated to do so.

In reference to your question...
Alan answered my post cited above, in part with this quote:
"Reality can't be double-booked: everything "has a chair"; error involves make-believe chairs when items are superposed or double-booked."

I wasn't sure what he meant.
Error detection is good, but I was aware of it. Maybe Alan will explain "double-booking?"

Does font color really work?

Had to go over my weekly limit to reply to your original question. Reading your essay was fun...in fact, it is a great form which if each of us wrote, we'd know one another better for this forum. I'll do one next week.

Sincerely, as if that matters here,
Michael Pearson

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins