Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Redshift Is Key

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 13, 2002 21:36:06 UTC

That site is based almost entirely on the idea that starlight is redshifted when the star is young. I could not find any physics on the site to back up this statement. It could only be true if the energy levels of hydrogen and helium in young stars differ from old stars. But of course there is no evidence that atomic energy levels can ever be different no matter where you find the atoms. Elements are universal. They have the same energy levels in the whole universe, so science thinks. So the basic premise of the site in incorrect.

It is also incorrect to say that astronomers think that the universe is controlled by gravity and magnetic fields, and that dark mattere does not exist. He would also claim that dark energy does not exist, butI saw no reference to that on the site. Actually astrophysicists and relativists seem to think that gravity alone controlls the universe for the most part.

I think we should use this site as another example of people who do not BELIEVE in physics. The list of processes and particles on that site (that are not believed in), is actually a list of almost all the physics exotica that requires belief. Those processes and particles are beyond common sense. Belief in them is more exotic in my opinion than belief in god. That is why I think of physics in religious terms. Right now physics has almost all the elements of religious belief.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins