Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Depends

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on February 3, 2002 07:20:57 UTC

"In the post above, when you addressed me
as "you," did you mean that I, Mike, have at some time shown "bad" (not just imperfect) manners in the content of my posts to this
forum?"

Don't get me wrong. I'm not Miss Manners here. I actually enjoy heated, borderline angry debates. And we should never get bogged down in etiquette (at least I think.) I just don't like it when the debate evaporates and leaves only the anger. Then things get tedious.

In response to your question, I wasn't addressing "you" in particular, it's easier than saying "a hypothetical poster who may or may not exist at this particular juncture in time." You seem level headed most of the time, I just don't always get what points you try to make by splitting hais all the time. :)

"It seems to me that Harv, as valuable as his
thoughts may be, could deserve some criticism for
assuming a "mother goose" role and patronizingly dismissing a lot of posts without condescending to refute them logically"

No one's perfect. Piss me off, and I turn into a jerk. As I said, however, I understand where Aurino is coming from, since I get bogged down in the language Harv uses as well, which can get irritating. I doubt it's intentional, though.

By the way, I think you're using "condescending" wrong. It doesn't mean "to stoop down to." It means to speak to someone in a degrading manner that isn't outright hostile. Like speaking to an adult like the way you would speak to a child. Using overly simple terms and being saccharine sweet. Just so you know.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins