Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Black And White

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jeremy Cole on January 23, 2002 00:19:49 UTC

It seems to me that all, except maybe Yasir's, these arguments are in the 'black and white' state of mind. 'If not God then science, if God then not science.' I'm not a theologian or have a PhD, but I fail to see why understanding the scientific world means you can't believe in God. Having faith doesn't mean you have to assume that natural laws won't actually work, why would God create something, but not create it well; self-sufficient even, in the physical sense. If you were to build a supposedly automated machine, would you create it so that you always had to be there helping it along, doubtful.
A Christian scientist will tell you that he seeks knowledge about the natural universe to better understand and appreciate the scope of God's power. Even if this seems foolish to you, what harm is in it, why do you seek to destroy it in other people. A good Christian will not come to you telling you to abandon your education to better serve God. If you have a gift they would encourage you to use it to better serve Him.
At least that's my experience. I am sorry if you've had otherwise.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins