Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Bulk

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on January 21, 2002 21:22:24 UTC

Alex,

***Instead of trying to model development of universe mathematically and thus explain "in numbers" how it works, they speculate WITHOUT enough data. To only tomorrow discard yesterday's "finding". It is more close to philosophy than to objective science.***

Before you can provide models to better explain a discrepancy that is inside current models, the problems with the current models must be made known. What you are doing in effect is deny there is a problem while going on wistfully ignoring the problem.

***So, does "10-finger human antropic principle" still bother you, or you finally begin to understand that life can be VERY different than "by human like and appearance".***

The fact that you say this shows that you have a very poor understanding of the anthropic principle. I would blame this on the possibility that your education was skewed against the anthropic principle, but I know that Alexander Vilenken, Andrei Linde, and a few other Russian cosmologists talk freely and openly about the anthropic principle as almost required in cosmology. So, what's your excuse? My opinion is that this subject encroaches too close on your anti-theist views and this affects your ability to accept even scientific work. I know you'll immediately come back (insulting me) because of my honesty, but a spade is a spade.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins