Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Invalid Supposition

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on January 11, 2002 23:23:57 UTC

Alex,

***But God claims to know all including quantum future.***

What Bible are you reading? The claim of omniscience is that God knows all that can be known. In the case of quantum events, there are many complications to this story. For example, is the UP a description of our lack of measuring capability (e.g., photons disturb the quantum system and therefore we can only obtain one measurement instead of multiple?). Or, are there hidden variables that we don't know about? Are there many universes where Schrodinger's cat is both live and dead in parallel universes?

The indeterminancy issue is not a major one for theists since if indeterminancy really exists at the quantum level (as I suspect it does), then the issue of God's omniscience can at least be satisfied by the fact that God can possess probablistic knowledge in areas where only probablistic circumstances exist.

I'm short on time here, and this is a deep topic, but let me just say that a large part of the misunderstanding comes in how we construe God to be. Not all views of God are equal on how they deal with this indeterminancy issue.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins