Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Grizzled Veteran "scientist" Toys Dishonestly W/ Available Text

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on December 17, 2001 20:57:19 UTC

Yanniru, aka Ruquist, has posted several religious
letters and claimed he was in "conversion studies." He made himself the judge of the whole forum when he said "Alexander is the least phony person here." I am calling into question his rigor as a (former) scientist on this forum.

I know of no excuse for a scientist using this kind of rhetoric:

1) Quoting my note out of context when the full text can easily be hyperlinked.
2) using my first name as if we're familiar,
then greatly mis-characterizing my intent.
3) placing my name before the public as having "discredited the New Testament," thus attempting to offend some persons and embroil me in controversy that should be his, not mine.

Mark Twain, a non-believer in most ways,
wrote respectful humor about the Bible and
married a believing woman. He later said he regretted the degree to which he had made her less of a believer.
Twain hung around with friends like Nikola Tesla and Thomas Edison. Yanniru is not pulling rank on Mark Twain....or anyone, I think.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins