Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Deductive Reasoning

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Lasasha Durdin on September 13, 1998 20:55:59 UTC

: : : Exactly!! Most people (or believers in god) argue that god doesn't need a creator simply because he/she created everything?! Through deductive reasoning, this argument doesn't have any viability. The age of the universe is estimated to be between(10,000,000,000-20,000,000,000)yrs. old. Is god's creator double these #'s? As science advances there will be less belief in a (creator the god)!

: : : PS. I used to believe in Santa Claus (Is faith proof????)evidence nil!!!!!!!!!!!!

: : You sound rather uneducated sir, why don't : : you tell me exactly what deductive reasoning : : is, reason for using it and the steps of : : deductive resoning that led you to your : : conclusion that the belief that The Creator : : must have a Creator.

: : -Adam : Adam, I assume you own a dictionary so I won't : define deductive reasoning. As far as education, I'm : biologist. Why wouldn't the creator need a creator? : These are questions humans don't know. Why believe in : something that cannot be justifiable as fact. This : is how and why theories can be proven(as fact) or : dismissed. There is a need for evidence!!! : The uneducated statement shows your lack of it. : PS: I know how to use a dictionary!!!

: : : : Why does anything need proof? Did you people ever think that God's Creator could be Man. A kind of Man who didn't have any faith, so he had to create a Creator whom created him and the Universe, just to have some proof as to how it came about. If you really analyze it, it could go in a big circle, and you'd never know who created who. Does it really matter? As long as you have faith, why do you need proof and facts about something that happened so long ago that it has no effect on you anyhow. Are you all just so bored that you have to talk in circles about something so trivial as who created God. If you just had faith in him, you wouldn't need to question the beginnings of his existance.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins