Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Scientific Method

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Yasir on November 24, 2001 13:51:57 UTC

Recently, I had been reading some articles on the philosophy of science and the role of scientific method in our lives. Consequently, I am a bit confused and find some definite sizeable answers to all of the following questions.

Does scientific method affords to deny or prove the existence of God? Is metaphysics a science ?

Does scienctific method gives us enough room to and flexibility to endeavour into the fields of philosophy, sociology,anthropology and other semi-scientific and non scientific field of study on the basis of purely 'scientific' theories?

Do the mathematical equations play extensions of our senses in making scientific observations?

Hypotheses is essentially a testable statement. Are modern physical theories ,raised on mathematical grounds but not testable at present with the existing technology , scientific ones in this sense?

Big Bang and Evolution constitue the stuff which isn't based on observations which can occur again and again and subjected to strict experimentational trials. Then how much scientific are they?

What ,in brief, is the philosophy of science?

This may be seem like asking a lot in one single post. But all these questions had to be asked in one shot. However, one may answer by making brief statements and then we discuss things which need furthur explanation.

I'll be grateful for any help in this regard.
Yasir.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins