Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More Than Enough.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on November 27, 2001 20:45:36 UTC

Science ALWAYS evicted gods from dark corners - over and over and over. What yesterday was god's business, today was found to be natural. This eviction story repeated itself so many times over, that keeping saying "No gods there too? Hmmm... Ok, I think, god IS in that corner over there... None? Hmmm... Ok, I NOW think that He TRULY is in THAT dark corner over there... None again?. Ok, now I feel that He HAS TO BE FOR SURE in that far away dark corner..." is not logical. What makes it COMPLETELY illogical is the fact that EVERYTHING wi discover (without single exception) turns out to mathematically (=logically) follow from more fundamental phenomena - without ANY need of extra drivers/designers/creators/ or other beings.

It is just a superstition - to see human-like or other beings driving events in universe just because we see humans driving cars or making things.

Universe is NOT a big car, and clouds or stars are NOT carved by some beings out of available raw materials. If you see a human making a spear, or a cow eating a grass this does NOT mean that SOMEBODY have to make a cloud or a star, or that somebody has to eat Moon during lunar eclipse. And indeed, upon close look you only see mathematical processes (evolution of physical system) which follow from initial conditions as symmetries (=conservation laws) prescribe. No human or other beings needed.

Amen.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins