Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thank Heaven

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by S.H. Le on October 14, 1999 02:45:17 UTC

: My topic for today, is heaven. This question is hardly original (nor does it apply to all theists), but it gets the ball rolling to more interesting lines of thought. How can heaven really be heaven, if God does not allow all occupants to enter heaven? How can heaven, really be heaven, if I can't share it with my loved ones?

And what is heaven for that matter? The pope recently stated that heaven and hell are not actual, geographical locals, that exist anywhere. He explains that they are a "condition resulting from the actions one chooses over a life time" or something to that effect. Is heaven and hell merely a subjective state of mind then?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins