Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Also Have Belief In Your Last Post.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on November 21, 2001 18:44:50 UTC

When I say I believe in something, that mearly means that I can relate, or comprehend more about it. My beliefs are constantly changing, and often fluctuate between different "answers". I am always willing to hear more viewpoints froim anybody willing to take the time to share them. I appreciate all who post in responce to my requesting of new thoughts. Thank you Paul, for your reply.

When I think of that possibility(your last post) I immediately begin wondering... What if we as humans are in fact individually masters of a similar "universe" of our own. Our brain being the limit of the universe. The positrons,electrons, and other leptons, being living functioning "organisms" theirselves the keepers of their oun univrese, more or less oblivious to our presence. The keeper of our universe wondering, but unsure of our presence... and "he" himself wondering of his insuperiority to another yet more comprehensive being.

That can, and very well may, continue finitely, by far the most compelling thought that has ever been possible for me to comprehend. There is one thing that bothers me about that possibility, There is no way of proving it true or false. The fact that we as humans may never know the real truth is disturbing. Humans just want to know for the sake of knowing, but that very burning question that we have all asked may turn out to be the only one that we may never know. Attempting to prove possibilities that are more acceptable and easy to "gulp" than those that we only hope are not true is something that humans, and other(if they exist) super- or sub-universal beings may never stop doing. The answer is something that we will never stop searching for as long as we exist.
If anyone has another viewpoint or idea please post it.
Thanks for your time.
Phillip

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins