Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks, And Hello Paul.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phillip Martin on December 6, 2001 03:16:23 UTC

I think that it is there as part of us all, but as more of a percentage concept in each person's life. There are many things that can change this percentage, but I don't think that it could ever(for most people, as in those that can comprehend such ideas) reach 0%. I am not sure what happens at either extreme. When I think of it I seem to enter a loop... for example:

If someone is content in their "knowledge", does that make them at the low percentage or the high percentage? One way to think of it is that they don't care, and thus are on the low percentage extereme. Another is that they are so extreme as to have found the answer, and must thrive and defend it at all costs; Possibly because they are so afraid of not knowing that they can't exept not knowing.

I seem to find a similar "ending" loop for all scenarios that I have thought of, even with the scenarios that you gave examples of.
That is how I came to the conclusion that a person cannot have 0% interest in it.

-Below is off this specific topic-
I am glad to finally find a place where an individual's opinions about normally touchy subjects(and all others for that matter) are respected. I thank all of those who have along with those who will post(for your replies), and hope to stay here and post for a long time to come, and post in a place where mutual respect is actually present.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins