Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Microsoft Is Part Of Big Brother, Or The Other Way Around...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Phil.o.sofir on October 13, 1999 04:16:47 UTC

Has anyone heard about the second back door key found by that cryptologist? The first has always been known as a precautionary measure and kept under top secret protection by microsoft, but now this second supposedly non-existant backdoor has been discovered and is supposedly used by the super secrect NSA national security agency. This would grant total access to ANY information on ANY computer using win95 on up as long as it is connected to an outside line, or even if not, if it uses any transmittal device internally (like sending cellular/infared...) Basically this provides the govt. withthe ability to copy every bit of info off of virtally every system in the world! Once a ghost copy is complied, it can then be reviewed at the govts pleasure, assisted by speciallized progams to find certain patterns... The implications are world reaching, of course the govt denies any such access, but the key code name just happens to be NSAKEY. Conspiracy theories please? Oh, and Bill Gates/Clinton, if you are listening, this is just a subjective conversation, and within my rights, unlike the accusations above. Practorians? Okay, let me have it! I am paranoid, nuts, silly... I would like to hear realistic arguments in favor or against such a misuse, why it could not be, or is... Thanks :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins