Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Weinberg Says 6 Of Them May Be Curled Up

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on November 18, 2001 04:04:14 UTC

Steve Weinberg says 6 of the 10 dimensions may be curled up very tiny.

According to Ward, the electromagnetic field can be thought of as a particular code in twistor space that is preserved by twistor transformations.

This in evident in the 10D across 11D twistor-space map that I presented.

Twistors are not the whole picture. My presentation goes deeper. On page 316 of "Superstrings And The Theory Of Everything" we learn that one of the things post-modern physics has to do is re-write string theory so it is free from any particular choice of gauge or space-time slice. I may have just done that!

The book suggests that "The various theories we see around today are simply different phases of the one, unified theory" ; exactly! I read with amazement as each theory discussed in the book, fitted so readily into the structure I had written in biro on sheets of paper. A structure I visualised and tried to draw months ago.

"What is called for is a prespace description for the true origin of the string world"- exactly what I may have done!

"Then, at some particular point in... but a particular point in what? Certainly not space or time, for these are now classical, large scale things" page 317 of "Superstrings And The Theory Of Everything". The presentation I gave fulfills this!

Page 321: "To my knowledge there is no direct connection between Mandelbrot's fractals and the dimensions of superstring theory"; I show how, that now there is!

"Once we leave the world of point particles behind, it may be necessary to put on a new set of intellectual clothing" (page 321): precisely!

See page 322; for evidence that certain of the fundamental constants of nature must change with time!

p333 "For Bohm, mathematics is a relatively limited language in which to understand the universe".

P321 "In Mandelbrot's world, dimensions are no longer fixed but behave in curious mutable ways"

-dolphin

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins