Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Adaptation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Luis Hamburgh on November 17, 2001 03:16:38 UTC

Alex,

Science is not like the music industry, where talent often means nothing. Unintelligent scientists will not get far (in legitimate science).

Intelligence is defined as the ability to adapt. Exceptional adaption in a scientific field results in celebrity (sometimes in notoriety as well!), prominence, and most importantly, esteem.

Godel acheived all of these things. He was clearly an intelligent and prominent scientist.

Deny it all you want, Alex, but you are nothing like Godel was; you're merely an obscure, Soviet expatriot.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My expertise lies nowhere near the world of physics; yet apparently I am able to carry on conversations with physicists! At first this seems to indicate I have a knack for physics commensurate with Ph.D.'s and Kandidats, but of course I do not; I am no genius.

Indeed, a more objective view clarifies things. After all, I certainly don't come home from a long day's work and seek to discuss conversations about my profession! Oh sure, one might say, "but if you really love your work, you'd live, breathe, and eat it 24 hours a day," but this requires a happy persona. Which you are not.

Hence, in rooms like this one, we get the uninitiated folks (like me), and the bitter physics failures (like you).

It's not our fault you couldn't adapt.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins