Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mistake To Quantize Fields

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 15, 2001 14:55:59 UTC

That is a mathematical approximation. Fields are not quantized in nature in my opinion, or rather in the creativity of my mind. Particles are quantized. But they are also approximations and a creation of my mind. We cannot prove that either fields or particles exist. All we can do is develop a set of mathematical relationships that seem to explain how nature works and wins us prizes, or earns us a living.

My belief is that a set of relationships based on fields is a better approximation to how nature exists than relationships based on particles, which in my creation only has fleeting existence.

BTW, your post implys that it is possible to prove something, since you said that fields can only be induced, not proved. I am surprised at that statement as I thought you were of the same mind as I regarding proof. So I challenge you to prove something.

Regards,

Richard

Or should I say DrummerDick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins