Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Fail Once Again...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on November 8, 2001 20:29:04 UTC

Because I can't get you to realize that we must FIRST differentiate between what it means to "exist" (or "1", or "+", or "yes", etc.) or "not exist" (or "0", or "-", or "no", etc.)

However by differentiating between "1" and "0" we must first refer to fundamental relationship between the two. Since everything refers to yet deeper underlying relationship, then so too does existence/non-existence refer to the meaning (or fundamental "defintion") of "existence".

Without first defining "existence", then how the heck do we know what is the difference of "not exist". If we don't differentiate between the two words (by refering to more fundamental definition of the word), then "1" vs. "0" bears no significance to logic. For all practical purposes... they can be referred to as having the same meaning until we define the two (not a very reliable foundation for a formal system).

In a nut shell... if you don't first define "exist" then you cannot derrive consequences of "existence".
Now I ask you... to what does "existence" refer?

If you give me an answer for that last question... then you must also tell me to what does your answer refer. We could play this game all day (or for the rest of our lives)... or you could just admit that you don't have the answer and therefore origin of logic is mystery (GOD?).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins