Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Alex, You Take To Science As If It Were "complete"...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mark on November 3, 2001 18:33:57 UTC

So even things that aren't fully explained by laws of physics... you blissfully attempt to explain using ad hoc laws of physics.

I believe as you do that everything has a logical explanation that science (=mathematics) will one day uncover. In the mean time, however, people should be allowed to debate their various (and very enlightening) views on what they think "reality" is.

Alex, I find it troubling that you condemn the exchange of "unscientific" ideas in a "God and science" discussion forum. Perhaps you should have stuck with "Blackholes: theories, discussions, etc" (???); just a thought : )

Please do not insult my intelligence (or Harv's, Luis, Dick, Americans, and others) just because we have the freedom to disagree with you. Sometimes I feel like we're both arguing pro-science, and yet can't reach an agreement. That just goes to show the current condition of science; we can argue on the same side of a point, and yet disagree... doesn't make a lot of sense if you think about it. Even the accomplished Richard Yannopoulos-Ruquist disagrees with you from time to time and HE HAS A DEGREE in science! (remember discussion of whether photon really exists without interacting with matter?)...
So if two people with degrees in the same subject can't even agree on something, then I think science is not yet fully understood to the degree that you propose; which means those text books you so highly praise are open for a tad-bit of personal interpretation as is the bible. So once again, you interpret physics your way, and we can all be free to interpret the nature of the universe our way. That doesn't give you the right to call any one of us "stupid" because we don't think your way (which you imply is the only way that can be right, because you "saw" it with your own eyes). I think there is always more than meets the eye, Alex...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins