Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
No Reason To Be Too Concerned

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on November 5, 2001 04:48:25 UTC

The majority of people that work in the United States or other countries are unlikely to require calculus in their jobs. From all indications the US is further ahead in a number of technical fields. Perhaps we lag the Japanese in a half dozen or so fields, but the US is probably second in most of those half dozen fields.

I should remind that the US is also the economic leader of the world and that our GNP percentage is among the highest in the world. The education system throughout my life has always lagged behind a number of countries, but in my lifetime we have seen transistor technology, color television, super computers, cellular technology, the internet and worldwide web, etc. all find their major developments in the USA. There's only one explanation for this success given our 'poor education system'. We are smart enough to let the 'invisible hand' give us the benefits that other countries aren't willing to let work for them.

If some people want to criticize the USA, that's okay. But at the end of the day we are the one's producing a sizeable portion of the world's wealth. To that they can say whatever they want to say.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins