Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Is This What Americans Think(physics Is Just Another Religion)?!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on November 3, 2001 15:32:45 UTC

Cool. I did not know that. Sorry for such mentality. Indeed, you have a GREAT freedom (to sit in the dark), and there is not much I can do about it - there are plenty of elementary textbooks to fill gap in your education. Frankly, I feel very embarassing that instead discussing interesting things about astronomy, physics and nature working with bright individuals on this forum (like Bruce, Richard, Dick, Harvey and some others) I often have to to explain to somebody else very basics things which can be found in any high school textbook. I think it is a waste of time by two reasons: first, in most cases textbooks do that better than me due to my limited English. Second, and most important, if a person does not know BASICS of physics/math then it is extremely unlikely that such person will understand more complex things like relativity, conservation rules (laws), not to say about quantum mechanics or general relativity.

So, do most people in "free world" believe (like Mark) that math and physics (= how nature works) is just another religion?

Really cool (although sad to mentally still stay in dark age). Well, thanks for clarification. I learn more and more about "free" western mentality.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins