Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
God, Or Whatever, Makes Coincidences

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 24, 2001 14:59:09 UTC

This is my subjective view of god. So it is not so much making randomness, as actually controlling events to arrange for coincidences that are desired on their or his/her part.

This, of course, for educated humans is the most mind boggling element of religious experience. One can imagine a passive supernatural and even propose scientific hypothesis for the mechanics of a passive supernatural, but it is very difficult to imagine how the degree of control, to create all these coincidences, that at least happen in my life, could happen on a scientific basis.

Perhaps the inherent randomness of single quantum events allows for such control, but that would be the only way that randomness would enter into the problem.

So I see the randomness as a consequence of natural law, perhaps the action of a very abstract mathematics/physics god that humans cannot connect to except through nature. Then elements or beings within the godhead that are closer to human intelligence and consciousness might take advantage of the randomness to control our existence.

For me the godhead is just a heirachical series of committees and we humans on earth are auditioning for positions on the lowest level committees.If we fail, we just get to try again in another life. If we succeed, we just have more work to do from the other side, plus self-development in order to get on higher level committees. So existence after death is not so different from existence before death, except for the lack of a need to eat or sleep.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins