Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Black Hole Creation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 11, 2001 14:09:27 UTC

I like Smolin's black hole creation theory the best. In this creation theory, the new universes come out of the singularity in supermassive black holes. The constants of the new or baby universe may change but the mathematics and physical laws do not change.

So the new universes do not come from nothing. They come from other universes. There is not any need for a creator. The previous universe is the creator. And supposedly there is no first universe. Time goes back infinitely.

This does not contradict the second law of thermo as the black hole singularity renormalizes entropy back to effectively zero.

However, there is an interesting correlation of this creation theory with Hindu scripture in the Sri Bagavatum. In that scripture we are told that Vishnu sits in what seems to me to be a black hole and new universes come out of his nose. Does that make him the creator. It seems to me that he is more like the observer. Or perhaps god is a black hole. That is the only location in our universe where one can supposedly find a unified field, which is a field of zero symmetry, the most primitive field of all. So it is a good candidate for the location of god. However, then there is like one god for each galaxy.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins