Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Pls Read This For Clarification

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Fajari/">Fajari on July 24, 1998 03:45:15 UTC

Specially Dedicated To Mr Nick Mostek,

I greatly appreciate all your comments to my message. I always regard constructive comments as a stimulus to my mind and an enhancement to the human intelligence. Unfortunately, I have discovered from your comments that you have misunderstood me in many aspects of my message as well as make a lot of unqualified assumptions. First of all, I have never even hinted at disqualifying science because of the many questions that it has not yet answered. I in fact acknowledge that science has achieved so much in a short period of human time as well as contributing enormously to the development of human intelligence and wisdom. Secondly, I do not propose or support the Inflationary Theory or am one of its adversaries and I had never in mind bringing up the dilemma of the Theory Of Everything. To reinforce my points, let me just repeat the main aim of my message; that the human mind has limitations and these limitations will remain so long as he is called a HUMAN. The simple evidence is that he keeps proposing theories which are subjected to much disagreement among his fellow humans. Why on earth would that intelligence be limited? Because there has to be a Creator who wants so!!! Thirdly, I guess you have made the biggest blunder in your life by saying that "Many historical texts have made blind guesses at physical phenomena and guessed "right" under the "right" interpretation". I would appreciate if you read the following EXACT translation of a verse from that "so-called historical text"

"And each (the suns, the moons and the planets) moves in its own orbits"

This does not need any interpretation by an astronomer to make it guess right. It is from a historical text written 1400 years ago!!! Please do extra research in these texts before making blatant remarks about them. Well that just pronounces how limited the human mind can be!! I understand that my message will be under strict scrutiny by you but that just heats up the debate and will hopefully benefit us together. Thanks and hope to hear from you again.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins