Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Moving Back And Forth Between Two Camps

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on October 3, 2001 03:11:54 UTC

Hey Luis,

>>>Whether you choose to apply to religion, philosophy, or science, nonfalsifiability is simple: can real or imaginary variables disprove the hypothesis? To wit: "All cows are black" = falsifiable. " Panentheism accepts only true statements as true." = nonfalsifiable.>>Electrons exist! I don’t recall this question. However, ask me to *define* electrons, and you’ll find me scratching my head (again, I expect it will confound you that I can actually work from a tentative definition of terms like ‘electron’).>H: "Ask him whether humans can have any knowledge of objective truth, and he might just plead the 5th." L: From this forum (...) (Luis: "It is a perfectly viable supposition that an objective reality exists independent of our ability to know it.") From Counterbalance (...) (Luis: "Although an objective ‘reality’ exists, it is impossible for any subject or subjects to evaluate it in a genuinely objective way.") If this is your understanding of the 5th, then I suggest you reread the Constitution."

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins