Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sorry Alan

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on September 29, 2001 14:46:55 UTC

Alan,

Unfortunately what I get from your posts is very similar to what most people get from Dick's posts. In a word, I'm clueless.

The funny thing is that I think most people can't understand Dick's ideas because they are way too simple, and most people just can't think straight, they'd rather get lost in complex, meaningless complex which they only have the illusion that they understand.

I have the opposite problem, I can't deal with complex ideas. I am quite stupid and my ability to understand is similar to that of my three year-old son. Inferior, actually. So I have to deal with one simple concept at a time, no more than that. I suppose the only reason I trust myself is because I'm sure that the little I know, I know perfectly. What I don't know, I have no idea what it is, not a clue.

I hate to speak for Dick but since people keep asking, here it goes:

>> Wouldn't it be polite and rational (non-evasive) for Dick to state directly to me and Harv, why he pre-judges our arguments as futile? > And wouldn't it be rational for him to back that layer of argument, and the next layer? And wouldn't be sensible for him to explain where he believes we have each got it wrong, and why; and back those claims without pre-judging the issue?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins