Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Book Of Revelation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 13, 2001 15:54:13 UTC

I will not be posting so much for a while as my firm just lost its venture capitol and I lost my job and my computer- over 50% layoff. I am typing this from my local library.

But I would like to remind the readers and posters on this forum that the disaster in New York was rather clearly predicted in the last book of the Christian New Testament, the Book of Revelations.

The quote goes something like this:
"The city which is a dame surrounded by water is destroyed twice"
I had previously posted that perhaps this was Japan and that the prediction referred to Hiroshima and Nagasaki--in the hope that the predictions of Armaggeddon had already come to pass. But it appears that it may just be starting.

Most writers who have considered this prediction have suggested that it was going to be New York City. It's an island. It qualifies as the great Satan, at least as a very secular city. The dame is the Statue of Liberty. I had always wondered how it could be destroyed twice- but now we know.

On the plus side, the enormity of this event, as predicted in Revelations, may be the means to bring the world together. China has already volunteered for the war against terrorism. Sometimes sacrifices of this magnitude are seemingly required to produce profound changes in society. I offer the Holocaust as one example. Jesus as another. God or fate works in mysterious ways.

On the minus side, Revelations predicts that this event triggers the collapse of the world markets and precipitates the worlds worst depression. It also brings the world to the brink of WWIII, except we are saved by the Lord, and we enter a 1000 years of peace.

So by the beginning of next week, we will know if the world markets have collapsed. The depression of the 1930s is already serious enough to fulfill the prophecy. The world does not need an even more serious one.

But perhaps that is also part of the sacrifice the world has to make to create a new society in which terrorists cannot find safe harbor and diverse peoples and religions can learn to live in peace.

The fate of the whole world hangs in balance now. I imagine that advanced civilazations on other planets in the universe have come at some point in their scientific development to attain the means to destroy themselves. I am sure that many of these planets have not passed the test. The test is to somehow stop all-out war once the means to commit total suicide has been developed.

I suspect that the advanced civilizations that pass the test, then attempt to convey the means of survival to other planets, where the information is taken to be from God. The seeds to prevent the ultimate calamity may even be planted by these so-called gods. The situation in the world today with mainly religion fighting religion certainly seems to be a plan of god, with the seeds planted in the middle east thousands of years ago. And with a prediction of the possible outcomes given in scripture.

So the sacrifice of America is an act of god, or perhaps an act of advanced aliens helping us to get by the ultimate test. But our destiny still hangs in the balance. It may take the sacrifice of a world depression to create the political will to create peace, and as important, to produce a world economy that is based on renewable resources and is not based on the need for continuous growth. We have to reach stability in every way, not only in the economy. Harv has the right idea that we have to think small. And jisbond has the right idea that we have to think peace. But the world may have to sacrifice some more before that can happen.

Best wishes to all of us,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins