Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Myth Of Quantum Consciousness

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alan on September 15, 2001 06:26:40 UTC

I once came across a lengthy essay on the web, entitled "The myth of quantum consciousness", or something.

This notion of brain being just chemical reactions equivocating to people being same, has no substance. Someone writes a novel on a computer- and after pulling apart the computer and finding only quantum mechanics/ electical componentry- does that mean the other dimension of the novel, its dramas and so-on, isn't there? Of course not.

The materialist arguments you use are non-sequiturs.

The biological-reductionist arguments have been dismantled by others- read John Hospers "An Introduction To Philosophical Analysis"; or Thomas Szasz "Insanity, The Idea And its Consequences".

You presumably have forgotten how you developed during your first three years; so please- it is you who make claims from a perspective lacking in knowledge.

Surely you can agree on the desireability of investigating missing data? The best textbook on biology and physics is for you TO READ YOU!

I read not just me; currently I test my ideas against the comprehensive physics book: "The Force Of Symmetry" by Vincent Icke (also "Schrodinger's Kittens" by John Gribben).

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins