Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
No Worries

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Whittier on January 3, 2005 07:21:44 UTC

Hi Dr. Dick,

Mike: Is Dr. Dick then claiming that with his math and "human mathematic syntax," we are seeing the exact language which writes the book of the universe?
Dr. Dick:
"Not exactly, what I am saying is that..." (

So you are saying that although my paraphrase was "not exactly" what you are claiming... what then followed IS "exactly" what you are claiming.
Dr. Dick: "...any language with which that "book of the universe" can be written can be seen as a collection of symbols which can be enumerated so long as we possess only a finite amount of information about that book (and the language with which it is written). And, given a specific enumeration, our job is to figure out what those enumerated symbols mean and what rules will make that interpretation yield useful information (generate meaningful expectations)."

I think that by seeking to be critical of my post and saying,"not exactly," you imply an exactitude in your own writing which is not really there. This does not prove your point is wrong, but maybe you're being distracted by talking with merely me.
Fun,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins