Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Actually I Learned All That From You

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on October 18, 2004 16:00:28 UTC

Harv,

I posted this on the Physics Forum first and then posted it here as an afterthought.

Now this whole idea of Commenorative Days I learned from you, including the idea that the full fruition of a kind of life like plants is mentioned in Genesis, even though it took millions of years to reach. Is that not more or less what you said?

My Hebrew bible says:

"Let the earth bring forth grass, herb yielding seed, and fruit tree bearing fruit after its kind, and wherein is the seed thereof, upon the earth."

Now plants did come first, some 1.3 Byrs ago, but grass only evolved some 33 million years ago. Not sure about fruit trees. So the bible is specific about what is created, if not when.

Now regarding extinction: if God is responsible for the creation of life, he is also responsible for its extinction. And if there is some kind of design objective, it appears that the reason for extinctions is to eliminate the errors of creation. That is a trial and error process to my way of thinking.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins