Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Quantum Cosmology And Eschatology

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Harvey on October 18, 2004 04:46:00 UTC

Just for fun, let me some eschatological speculations based on quantum cosmology(this is just for fun):

1) The Universe (i.e., the multiversee) is akin to a 'particle'
2) Each timeline of the multiverse is a particular 'path' of the Universe as a whole
3) There are many other timelines (or paths) that have the same beginning and end as our universe (i.e., the universes diverge and converge at the same starting and ending point)
4) Each timeline represents an action (S) in a Feynman path integral formulation (i.e., quantum cosmology)
5) As a collective whole, the Universe is wavelike, even though each universe is particle-like
6) The end is characterized by a "double-slit experiment" (i.e., Judgement of the 'good' and 'unjust')
7) The "double slit experiment" creates an interference pattern that represents the collective wavelike nature of the Universe
8) The dark areas of the interfence pattern represent "bands of darkness" and the light areas represent "bands of light" (i.e., the results of the Judgement)
9) The "bands of darkness" represent information loss (destructive interference)
10) Each timeline is itself wave-like, and the constructive interference pattern that remains (i.e., the "bands of light") is an accumulation of all the timelines combined
11) The constructive interference pattern is all that remains from the history of the Universe, all the information that is destroyed by the destructive interference is 'lost' (cancelled).
12) The constructive interference pattern represents a heavenly existence where only 'good' interference bands exist, and these represent every 'good' event in the timeline histories of the Universe.

I hope some of you enjoy this tongue and cheek speculation...

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins