Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dark Energy, A Candidate For The Eternal God

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 30, 2004 12:26:05 UTC

Harv,

It may be that you find my particular perspective on a material God unappealing or even offensive. But that is the message I get in my heart.

Previously I had concentrated on Dark Matter as the medium of the supernatural or Heaven, where intelligence can exist without the need for energy as the medium is frictionless. But yesterday while race walking and chanting in my usual way, it occured to me that Dark Energy may be a candidate for the Eternal God.

As soon as you explained the idea of the Logos, I had associated it with Dark Matter. You see the amount of Dark Matter in the Universe, in this universe, is the same now as in the beginning of the Big Bang. So the Logos is in some sense unchanged. But not so with Dark Energy.

It turns out that the volume density of Dark Energy is a constant, so that in the beginning when the universe had a very small volume, it also had very little Dark Energy. As the universe expanded, the Dark Energy increased until a few billion years ago it became equal to the Dark Matter in total equivalent energy, and today Dark Energy is double the Dark Matter.

So it is as if the universe is expanding into a space of uniform Dark Energy, even though General Relativity says that the Universe is creating that space. This uniform energy is just what I would expect of an Eternal God. So now the question of comunicating with the Eternal God can be posed in terms of coupling information in and out of Dark Energy.

If there is any truth to this hypothesis, then the Logos is confined to Spiral Galaxites, and absent from spherical galaxies, and the Eternal God pervades the Universe uniformly.

What do you think?

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins