Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well, Let Me Ask You

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on September 29, 2004 14:56:30 UTC

So bottomline, I see no mechanism for direct communication with an eternal God. In fact, I can see a mathematical Godel mechanism for comunication between the living and the dead. But I have yet to find a physical mechanism that makes it happen. For me, it's all physics and math, including GOD.

How does the physical constants of each universe 'communicate' with the mathematical laws thereby determine the physical laws for that particular universe? I think communicate is a proper word since 'communication' is defined as passing information such that a message is understood from the sender to the receiver. In the case of the physical constants, how does the math 'know' to set-up a certain kind of universe based on those constants?

The answer, which you might agree, is that there is a certain 'is-ness' factor to math. That is, if constants are this, then the laws are automatically that. The communication is instantaneous and nothing actually travels through space. Rather, physical laws just 'are' based on those constants and how the math requires the laws to be based on those constants.

Similarly, we as 'constants' have instantaneous communication with God based on the intricracies of God's mind based on our own constant values. If we change our constant value by the act of prayer and attitude to God, then God changes his relationship to us. So, prayer is possible to an Eternal God who has no experience of time.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins