Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Like The Logos But Not The Semantics

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on September 29, 2004 14:19:47 UTC

Dear Harv,

I really like the concept of the Logos being of this universe and its spacetime and the Eternal God being outside of time and living in that portion of the multiverse that is separate from any particular universe. Each particular universe having its own Logos.

I also like the analogy with laws and constants, where the hypothesis is that laws are common to all universes but the constants can change from universe to universe. That is consistent with Smolin's evolution of the universes and consistent with the Sri Bagavatum where a stream of universes is created from every universe, all of which is amenable to physics analysis even if not yet verified or even understood.

I part from your thinking when you say that each individual human communicates directly to the eternal god. I cannot imagine any mechanism that would allow a flow of information from the microscopic to the multicosmoscopic.

But I do see information possibly being exchanged with sound patterns in the Bose-Einstein Condensate of Dark Matter. Like tuning a radio, the frequencies of the patterns must be similar
for information transfer.

So I see a heirachy of information tranfers like voltage transformers. Afterlife consists of finetuning your frequencies so that you get closer and closer to comunicating directly with the Logos as time and refinement goes on. In the meantime, you participate in the information exchange up and down the heirarchy. As such it is the recently dead that comunicate with the living, at least in the channeling process.

Now at some level our prayers are answered, healing is obtained, and coincidences arranged, and communication to the heart is obtained. I say this is the level of the Logos, at least the Earth Logos. I suspect that the galactic logos and the universe logos are too distant for this function. I would attribute this function to the Holy Spirit of Christianity, or the Force of Star Wars. I am not aware of similar aspects of the eastern religions to the Holy Spirit. So I would associate the logos of the earth (or perhaps the universe) with the Holy Spirit rather than Jesus.

I see Jesus as a channel. God, in the aspect of the Father, or Christ, or even the Holy Spirit, spoke through the body of the man Jesus. So Jesus the man channeled God. For most of the ministry of Jesus, it was God speaking, the Logos speaking. But occasionally it was Jesus the man speaking, such as when he said he was the son of man or when he asked God why god had forsaken him.

Frankly, I think the Eternal God may supply intention along with creation, but does not micromanage the system, that is unless you think every thing is God. But I prefer more discrimination in speaking about the various aspects of God. When Jews and Moslins say there is but one God, I claim that the meaning is that there is communication between all the various aspects of GOD. Christians in speaking of three aspects of one GOD, begin to recognize a heirarchy where you communicate with the risen Jesus, who passes it on to the Father, who wills the Holy Spirit to implement prayer, etc. I do not see many biblical support for the chain of information going outside of time. In fact, information needs time as a parameter for its transfer.

My guess is that the Eternal God knows what is going to happen just because he/she has experimented with so many universes. Eastern religions claim that the Eternal God still experiences time, but at a frequency that is hundreds of trillions lower than what humans experience. Ever notice how lower forms of life such as chipmonks or birds or flies react so much more quickly than humans. They just operate at a much higher frequency than us. So as we die and then develop into higher forms of life, which are eventually godlike, our experience of time becomes slower and slower-i.e., lower frequency.

So bottomline, I see no mechanism for direct communication with an eternal God. In fact, I can see a mathematical Godel mechanism for comunication between the living and the dead. But I have yet to find a physical mechanism that makes it happen. For me, it's all physics and math, including GOD.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins