Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Definition Of Nature

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on September 22, 2004 15:42:47 UTC

Richard,

I'm not sure of the connection between nature and ID. Take for example the natural principle that central structures (e.g., nuclei, cells, etc) take prominence in the design strategy employed in the world. Is this a ID requirement? I don't think it is. I can imagine living in a world where there are very few central structures. Perhaps in that world the nature of that world is governed by de-centralized strategies (e.g., ring networks) and we would more likely see free electrons, free protons, and free neutrons all interacting in a big mesh to somehow produce higher structures (who also are governed by de-centralized structures).

The problem with saying that nature is mathematical is that a de-centralized governed universe could be just as mathematical as our universe, and if we lacked the math to describe it, just as long as there is some kind of order I'm sure the potential exists to create a mathematical language which would show how 'mathematical' that natural world happened to be.

Nature that is peculiar to our world is just that, it is the nature or extremely common behavior of our world. As it turns out, the extremely common behavior of our world is one that favors emergent structures that are akin to intelligence at work. In fact, it is so akin to it, that it even produces intelligence that works very similarly to it.

Perhaps it isn't that nature is being ID'd, rather being ID'd is, well, natural.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins