Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Can Do The Trick

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Gfjhgvfgb on July 17, 2004 10:41:06 UTC

First,I want to correct you.I think you have misunderstood me.I use the words axioms,laws and rules as synonims(e.g. words that have the same meaning),may be it's a mistake of mine.I accept critics.But why space is the way we see it is an unexplained phenomenon-and science is the instrument for explaining everything in world we live in.And we observe space-therefore it is a phenomenon that have to be explained.
As far as mathematics is concerned-it is a useful tool in physics-BUT MATHEMATICS IS NOT PHYSICS.The axioms are part of PHYSICS,not of MATHEMATICS.They EXPLAIN mathematical axioms in the world we live,but they are a physical,not a MATHEATICAL AXIOMS.
And I can cope with our observational evidence for the properties of space-at least in the absence of any other theory about the fundamental structure and properties of space-a theory providing a real DEFINITION of space.For exaple GR-it says that space is curved by matter and provides a very good description of the process-for example the good eclipse experiment-light is bent by massive bodies.Then according to my axioms all theories of physics just function in space,including GR.And the curvature of space predicted by GR can be viewed just as an increase of the cardinal number of points between the star and us which is equivelent t an icrease in distance or a different trajectory that we will take if we continue our way passing by a massive body.As far as singularity is concerned-I don't know what happens out ther-our notion of space is broken down so ANY theory explaining space is useless.And I think you guess about inflation-it is a general increase of the number of points between every two(see my axioms)which is equivelent to an increase in distance.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins