Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Speculation Re Planet Orbiting Alpha Centauri 1

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by cableface on June 9, 1998 19:36:37 UTC

Hi first of all I would just like to start things off by saying that I'm not a very expierenced astronomer. I have taken a semester course about Astronomy back at school and it sparkes an interest. Im sending this E-mail because I read somewhere that the triple-star system of Alpha Cenauri is heading in the direction of our solar system. I don't know if it's true for I read this a while ago. The concerns that bother me is that recently this week I had read an article about a cannibalstic galaxy that has just eaten a nearby solar system and that cannibalistic galaxy was Alpha Centauri. The publisher quoted it as "a cannibalistic monster eating everything in it's path" Please reply to this E-mail with all the information you may have about this issue as soon as you can. Thanking you in Advance THANK YOU

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins