Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Light Speed

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Spotty on June 20, 2000 14:15:30 UTC

One of my ideas revolves around the fact that the coefeciant of friction in space is nil. Nitrogen is in abundance, so if you had something that would scoop up the gasses, seperate the Nitrogen and then split the atoms, and channel the force out the back, kind of a big, over powered jet-like engine. I don`t know if that would accutually work, but then again you never know. Also Ion-propulsion, could be useful in this. The ideas out of the sci-fi stuff, look good on paper, but how can you punch a hole in something that is there and not there at the same time? I love Star Treks theory, but there again how do you compress space. Quantium Physics will have to play a role in this, but at the same time, we would have to break several of the laws of physics for this to happen. On the other side of that, physics has it`s common frame of refrence on earth. Wheather it is meant to be or not, it can`t help but to be. Who is to say what we "know" is correct. Looking at it without the frame of refrence, it would be possible to punch a hole in space, or to compress and expand space, But it would have to be done on a sub-atomic level, which again would be possibly. I have a more indepth theory of how to accomplish this, but I`m still working on it, trying to gather more information. It involves takeing a craft, and induceing a electromagnetic field around it. Then at that point, haveing some type of device that can "tunnel" it`s self into space at the sub-atomic level, thus theroeticaly takeing gravity out of the equation. From that point you just accelerate to the speed of light. The 2 points I am still trying to work out. How to get to a subatomic level, which would be alot like punching a hole in space, and how to accelerate once there. Tell me what you think.

Spotty

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins