Back to Home

General Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Misc. Topics | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Just Bought Meade Ds-114 Model Telescope

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Raleigh S/">Raleigh S on November 21, 1999 07:35:32 UTC

I found this telescope at Wal-mart today! It was only $329!! $70 bucks cheaper than anywhere else! They also had the autostar there for $79. The model they had was a black model, instead of the white. Very cool looking! Amazing what you can find at wal-mart.

Raleigh Dallas, TX USA

: Yes, : I am very pleased with the scope. The main reason i got this one was because of the autostar capability. And since i dont have enough money for the more expensive meade telescope with autostar capability, i decided on this one. I was able to find the ds114ec in the mall in cedar rapids, iowa. The nature co. and natural wonders carry them, which are often found in alot of malls it seems like. If you dont have any of those stores, try www.astroptx.com and they will have a pretty good price (i believe since everything else is decently priced). Like i said, the performance is very good. Expecially on the planets Jupiter and saturn as well as the moon. And with the autostar, i am able to see a number of space objects. Some very clear, some not as clear. Not too bad for only $399 for telescope and electronic controls and tripod. Autostar costed an extra$99, and i also added a 2x barlow lense, which i use on planets and the moon. I recommend this scope if you dont want to spend all night getting frustrated trying to find things and if you are not looking to spend (for me) almost a half years income. Anymore questions just email or post on message board. T. J.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins