Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Anybody Here Like Dealing With Time Paradoxes?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Astrophysicist on July 7, 1998 10:40:41 UTC

This topic can also, I suppose, cover the existance of other universes. I'll get to how I arrived at that conclusion in just a minute. I personally, believe that the future is absolute. Others would call it ultimate destiny, or what not. What I'm saying is that I believe that every tiny action or event that occurs is predestined. From the invention of the atom bomb, to Bill Clinton falling down that flight of stairs a while ago, to when somebody sneezes, all are predetermined. I don't doubt that most people feel the opposite, that you control your own destiny, but I ask you: was it in the future that you would blink just a second ago? Or was it in the future that you would come to this page and read this article? If not, then would somebody please explain to me how it happened? Anyways, to proceed on my stated views, this would mean that the only way to distinguish the past from the future would be an individual's concept of the present, which can be said to exist only in that individual's mind. To sum up this last statement, every action or event that ever occured in he world was predetermined. It was destined to happen. Another deduction based upon absolute time, is that past and present cease to exist. But since they are examples familiar to everyone, I will continue to use them to accentuate the specific points of my argument. The flow of time, past and future, can be different for everyone, or have different meanings. For somebody whose consciousness is drifting towards our past, that is their future, and the past is what we would consider our future. While time may be absolute, the way people perceive it is not. Now, some may bring up the point "what if I had..." done soething instead of what happened, or an event that occurred here happened there, instead. These are other possiblities that could have happened in our timeline, but didn't. At these points, the timeline "branched off' into the equivalent of a parallel universe, where that event did happen, and whatever occured in this universe, in this timeline, didn't. Thus, there could be an infinite number of universes, each made by a single thought or decision, or, rather, differing from another maybe by only a single thought or decision. I'll end this here for now, since it is extremely lengthy, but I look forward to hearing feedback, and will post more of my opinions and theories in days to come. Know that i am still revising this theory, and that all ideas concerning it, well, I'd apprecate it if you'd send in your own ideas, either agreeing with me or disagreeing with me.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins