Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Our Universe Is Expanding ?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Justme on July 6, 1998 04:24:00 UTC

Scientists believe our universe is continuously expanding, non-stop, on going, or simply means 'forever'.

What troubled me all this while, is that if the Scientists believe in 'forever', then, it can be taken as to believe that the universe has been there all the time and it is NOT expanding, because the point is that the Universe can be so huge that we can never never put in numerical terms the size of it, and even imagining it. In another words, why the Scientists rather believe the Universe is expanding, and not that it is unimaginable huge but not expanding ?

Numerical terms, time, numbers ..etc are invented by human beings. We are just intelligence passer-by somewhere in the Universe. We are intelligence to come up with numbers, languages, wise enough to set up systems to govern people. However, sad to say, we are just too tiny to understand the Universe itself, and I really mean JUST the Universe itself. I believe with our current intelligence, wisedom, we can explore the matters within the Universe, i.e. our neighbours. Something expanding within nothing ? No wonder all forms of gods everywhere!

To sum it up, may be it is just a question to Scientists, do you believe in 'expanding universe' or 'forever' ?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins