Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
WIMPS

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Astrophysicist on July 6, 1998 10:01:37 UTC

Weak-Interactive-Massive-Particles. I personally do believe that the universe is expanding. I think that either the Big Bang theory is correct, or that something similar happened many billions of years ago. It is true that numbers, time, measuremnets, etc. all were invented by humans, but they were invented as an efficient means of measuring observed phenomena. As for the afforementioned WIMPS, they may also be the key to halting the expansion of the universe, which has been observed independently by numerous astronomers,since they may contain enough mass to halt the expansion of the universe. For example, neutrinos. You may have heard the hype about the discovery that neutrinos may have mass, and this is the reson why. The only thing I'm uncertain about- the laws of thermodynamics state, quite unequivocally, that all actions, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, performed by anything in the universe, must lead to an increase of entropy in the universe. That is, chaos, disorder. For example, when a star goes nova, a good portion of its contents will spew out into space, decreasing the concentration of matter in one given spot. This leads to greater entropy in the universe. I'm going to continue this thought in another section.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins