Back to Home

Blackholes2 Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Blackholes II | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Good Question!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Schnee/">Schnee on June 29, 1998 14:18:15 UTC

: A gravitational field! A magnetic field! : scratch that- they discovered that a : magnietic field can't create a singulartiy unless : it stretches down into infinity. I sincerely : doubt that there are too many fields like that! : At least I hope not. But REALLY strong energy fields can lead to events that could herald the formation of a singularity. : What else do you know about quantum mechanics? : It's kind of hard to find many : people who know much of anything at all about the : subject for obvious reasons- IT'S REALLY WIERD! : What do you think about the possibility of meshing : quantum mechanics and relativity to achieve a full : law of quantum gravity? if they could do that, : we would learn so much about singularities, since : only quantum mechanics has ever been able to : correctly predict much within the event horizon. : The idea of establishing a mesh is really exciting : to me. Anyone else have any thoughts about the : subject? __________________

Astro- I am dying to come up with some mathematical relationship that meshes gravity with mass, energy, time, velocity, acceleration or anything!! It's proving quite difficult, even though I haven't even gotten to the mathematical part yet. I really doubt I could actually do it, because, well, Einstein tried and failed, but who knows, maybe I'll get lucky. As for quantum mechanics, I only know the basics, but the basics seem to be the way that I think so maybe I know more than I think I do. I think singularities and those types of EMENSE gravitational things are the key to any kind of space travel what-so-ever. How about I throw some ideas at you and you could tell me if, theoretically, it's possible or helps to explain some things better than our already known stuff.

-Schnee

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins